Monday, March 30, 2015

Assorted imprints from plants 植物移印染色調

Since I encountered botanical imprints, I wanted red, that's easy from eucalyptus.
 After red and green, I want brown, yellow and dark shades.  With iron mordant I got the limonium (彩星) dark prints.

   
Then I made some yellow from onion skins with alum mordant

 With iron mordant to bring out the dark shades of limonium











Always excited moments to unwrap after 1.5 hours boiling
 

 The Before and After

 I've done another piece with limonium and a sort of unknown bush which gives a bit khaki (right image)











The unknown bush I picked on my hiking. Know it's a kind of plant for ointment but no sure the name.
The cat silhouette from onion skin


 Fun to play with assorted leaves for some colors.


3 comments:

  1. I don't think I know what limonium is-will look it up; always new things from your fun experiments, Terriea! beautiful results! and always love seeing Mogi!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ginny. I just like to try different plants of different effect. Sometimes it's happy accident. Bounty of nature !

      Delete
  2. Fun and productive play - well done.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...