Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Simple T-shaped top making 簡易 T 形剪裁上衣

 
Making a pattern is sometimes arduous for me but this T-shaped top is simple and easy without measurement. Prints and dyes are natural from plants on knit silk jersey which is easy to sew as well.
一片在課堂做的試驗,葉子及不同色調效果的針織絲料,把弄一點,對摺剪裁成 T 字形袖子,縫上同料長腰帶,就是一件簡易小襯衣。
The silk jersey is about 80cm x 100cm, a sample print done in the Spain workshop. 
I used the native plants for the prints then dyed in indigo, weld and logwood for shades of blue, green and purple.

Our teacher Irit Dulman encourages us to do more experiments with different plants, not necessary to do on a big piece so that we can make use of the sample prints for garments. She encouraged me to dip in logwood and weld with the indigo dyed fabric for color shades.
  
I like the soft silk jersey with purple and green tone. To make it into a top, I fold in two and cut the T-shape sleeves curve, cut the neckline and lining then sewed the bottom with a long strap of the same fabric for the scrunched waist . That's it


Round the waist strap twice, tie a knot.  Viola, a free size loose top blouse is done.

Front and back of the blouse with different leaves from Spain
(long waist strap hide inside)


Prints of the native leaves still clear after dyed in weld and logwood.

The simple loose blouse I made with the sample prints

Since I'm too addicted in experiments I have loads of sample prints.  They will be made into garments or dye for other colors. The top blouse mentioned is dyed in indigo then dipped in weld that makes green. Knowing well the color palette,  green can also be made with turmeric (yellow) and indigo (blue) and so on.
This one is dipped in indigo then turmeric (available and cheap in grocery or supermarket spice section).
 Playing prints and dyes are interesting with variations.

 Sometimes I got inquiries from overseas for the teaching. I'm glad for the approach but not always can make it. People may like to follow my pdf instant download tutorial for the basic yet fabulous shades of prints.  Here's the link for the tutorial in ETSY, English version, Russian version.

4 comments:

  1. The top is a great success, indeed. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colours and love the simple design of the top so effective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you create that pattern or is it available somewhere? I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janis, I browsed from shop window something like that and did my own cutting. It's easy just the shape as it looks.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...